The State of Hawaii Medical Marijuana Dispensary Program posted the text of the appeals that dispensary applicants have filed since the selection of the initial eight licensed dispensaries in May 2016. No decisions on these appeals have been posted. The appeals vary widely in content and form, but generally allege disqualifying inconsistencies and arbitrariness in the evaluation process. Several also include responses to specific reasons for the rejection of the application.
The list shows nine (9) appeals on behalf of eleven (11) different applications were filed in total by the following applicants:
- Aloha Compassionate Care, LLC: Notice of Appeal (Counties of Hawaii, Honolulu, Maui)
- Hale O Laulima, LLC: Notice of Appeal (County of Honolulu)
- Hawaii Equity Partner’s, Inc.: Notice of Appeal (County of Kauai)
- Hawaii Equity Partner’s Inc.: Notice of Appeal (City & County of Honolulu)
- Hawaii Equity Partner’s Inc.: Notice of Appeal (County of Maui)
- Hawaii Equity Partner’s Inc.: Notice of Appeal (County of Hawaii)
- Launiupoko Farm, LLC: Notice of Appeal (County of Maui)
- Maui Medical Marijuana Dispensary LLC: Notice of Appeal (County of Maui)
- Pono Organics Investors, LLC: Notice of Appeal (County of Honolulu)
The text of each appeal is available on DOH’s website at: http://health.hawaii.gov/
Or via the links above to our own hosted copies.
It is the Alliance’s mission to provide up-to-date and relevant industry information to the patients, dispensary applicants, and related businesses of Hawai‘i’s growing medicinal cannabis industry. If you are not yet an Alliance member, join today to receive the HDA Industry Update every month and to take an active role in the future of Hawai‘i’s medical marijuana industry. Contact us today and we will send you the September/October 2016 edition of the HDA Industry Update absolutely free to say thank you for your interest!